Taking a class where the instructor is using clickers to poll the classroom or start discussions? Not sure how to get a clicker? Been hearing that iClicker is asking you to pay to register a used or borrowed-from-LITS clicker?
Not to fear, we've got you covered. Here's how it works, and you may already have gotten updated instructions from your professor, if you're in a class that uses clickers:
1. Go to the Circulation desk in LITS and ask to check out a clicker.
2. DO NOT go to http://www.iclicker.com/ and register your clicker even if that's what you did in previous semesters. Yes, really. Do not pay an additional registration fee for your clicker.
3. Use your clicker in class as usual, and watch for further information from your instructor about how to register your clicker. If your instructor isn't grading any clicker questions, you may not have to take any further action. Definitely follow further instructions you get from your prof, though, that's just part of being a student, right?
3. Be kind to your clicker! LITS will charge for damage to clickers, just as they would for damage to borrowed library books or borrowed headphones. Don’t smash, drop, or wet your clicker.
4. Got questions? Get help by chat, phone, or email here, or in person at the Research Help Desk.
Image credit: Clickers for Engagement by Alan Wolf (CC BY 2.0)