Friday, May 19, 2017

LITS Student Employee Profile: Mahima Ghale in Web Services


Mahima Ghale spent several years working in LITS' Web Services & Application Development team. Before she graduates this Sunday we asked Mahima to answer a few questions about her experience working with us as a programmer.

Name: 
Mahima Ghale

Hometown: 
Kathmandu, Nepal

Class Year: 
2017

Major/Minor: 
Computer Science and Math

Student employee position: 
Web Programmer

When did you start working for the LITS Web Team?: 
Freshman year summer (2014)

How did you hear about the position, and why were you interested?
I saw the job in JobX. I wanted to explore web programming which is why I applied.

What is your favorite LITS Web project thus far? Least favorite?
My least favorite one was going through new and old CSS files and delete the unnecessary ones. My favorite one was to develop a Drupal module that would search pages and files based on what their tags or how they are linked on text/html.

How do you think this position has helped your professional development? 
I think this position helped me understand the importance of scalability—it was great seeing how web programming comes into play in a big website like our campus website.

What's next for you? 
I will be working as a full time software engineer.

Favorite class at MHC thus far? 
Stochastic Processes (Math class) 

No comments:

Post a Comment